DIY Mardi Gras Mask
Before we get started, you can watch a video of this DIY here!
- Assorted feathers and rhinestones
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- scrap fabric
- ribbon or elastic
- You can download our Masquerade Mask pattern at the end of this blog.
1. First you want to have all of your supplies close by.
2. Make sure your glue gun is plugged in and ready to go.
3. You will need between 2-4 glue sticks depending on how many feathers and rhinestones you use.
4. If your mask does not already have a tie on the back this is the time you would want to add one.
5. Poke a small hole on both sides of the mask half way between the eye hole and outside of the mask.
6. Put the ribbon through and tie the end into a knot at the front of the mask to keep it from slipping out of the holes.
7. Add a drop of hot glue to the back of the knot to ensure a better secure ribbon.
8. You will begin by deciding on a pattern or lay out for your feathers.
9. Start with the shorter feathers first and layer more feathers on top getting longer and you fill in. (This will help make your mask look full and beautiful.)
10. As you begin to get a good amount of feathers glued down, turn it over to make sure it is turning out the way you would like. If not feel free to take a few feathers off and move them around.
11. You can add feathers on both sides, one side or the top center of the mask. This is YOUR mask, so have some fun with it!
12. After you have completed the feathers turn your mask over. Looking at the front, you can begin placing your rhinestones or other decorations to complete the look of your mask.
Masquerade Mask Pattern: